posted on May 31, 2012 in contests
My @Urban Pet Photo Contest
Please closely read the following Terms & Conditions which will govern contest participation.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions included herein, the “My @Urban Pet Photo Contest” is open to residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. Employees or contract employees of @Urban Magazine, the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How to Enter: No purchase required. Enter by emailing a photo(s) of your pet. Please label your photo with your pet’s name, along with your own. Example: Scout Erin Smith. Also, include in the email, your pet’s name, your name, address and contact information. Photos need to be high resolution, at least 1 MEG. Send entries to editors@AtUrbanMagazine.com. All entries must be received by August 10, 2012. The contest announcement is located in the June 2012 Issue of @Urban Magazine. Entrants must complete and submit all of the required information as set forth in the contest announcement. @Urban will not be responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to technical failures. Entrants may submit up to three (3) per authorized name and address. Entrants sending more than three (3) entries will be disqualified.
4. Selection of Winner: The winner’s photo will be published in our September, 2012 @Urban Magazine.
5. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible submissions received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance: The winner will be notified on September 1, 2012, at the email address provided during submission.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless our Sponsors, their respective officers, directors, employees, parent companies, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) typographical or printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damages to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to, punitive, direct, or indirect damages.
8. Participation: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Award Rules. @Urban reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by us. Entrants also agree that by submitting their entries, @Urban may reproduce such images in whole or in part via print, online or by other electronic means.
9. Construction: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Award Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid and unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Data Collection: @Urban collects personal information from Contest entrants which may be used for future marketing efforts by @Urban. The decisions of @Urban Magazine regarding the selection of the winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. If you have any questions regarding the Contest, please contact @Urban Editors at 479.782.1500 or via email at email@example.com.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THIS IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES.